SBCGlobal Mail is a leading mailing service provider, which can be an excellent option for people who are just looking for basic mail with no advancements and an easy interface. The mail service provides basic mailing features with limited advanced features and limited storage. With a considerable amount of SBCGlobal users, the common query is whether they can still use the SBCGlobal mail account even after they cancelled the AT&T services. So here we are going on how to keep your SBCGlobal Email Active even after cancelling AT&T. Along with that, we will provide some crucial details regarding the email services. So, read this blog post further to know more about the SBCGlobal account.
Can I Still Keep SBCGlobal Email Active Even After Cancelling My AT&T Subscription?
Yes, you can still use your SBCGlobal account even if you have cancelled the AT&T subscription. The main reason why your account gets deactivated or terminated is that you might have violated some terms and conditions, due to which the AT&T services suspend your account. Another major reason why your SBCGlobal account is deactivated is that there might be an outstanding balance against you due to the fact that your account has been deactivated.
What Happens to SBCGlobal Mail Once you have Cancelled Your AT&T Account?
Now that you know how to keep SBCGlobal mail active, whenever any user cancels their AT&T subscription, all the related information related to their internet services will be deleted. This might also include your AT&T account along with all the connections with the SBCGlobal account. Thus, once you have canceled your AT&T account, you can take the following measures with your SBCGlobal account:
Change the Security Question of SBCGlobal Mail
Another things you need to know when you keep your SBCglobal Email active is that you update your email profile. After the cancellation of services, you also lose the credibility to reset your mail credentials through AT&T.com. Thus, you need to find other ways to reset your account, among which the first one is to update the security question through which you can easily change the password in the future.
How to Keep SBCGlobal Email Active after Cancelling AT&T Services
Users can keep their SBCGlobal Email Active even after canceling AT&T services. All they need to do is unmerge the SBCGlobal account from AT&T account. Following are the steps through which you can delete and unmerge AT&T from SBCGlobal mail:
- Go to the official login page of AT&T, where you need to log in with your member ID and password.
- Once you have logged in, navigate to the profile section and then find the option “Update my Profile.”
- Go to the option “AT&T email account” and then choose Account profile.
- Adjacent to the option “Member ID,” you can find the option “Delete Account.”
- Hit the OK button.
Now, your account has been deleted, which can be confirmed by the status under the “User Information’ which now reads “Disabled.”Afterward, all you need to do is log in to the Yahoo page, where at the bottom of the page, you can find the option “Unmerged.”
What after you Disconnect your SBCGlobal Account
The following measures need to be taken once you have cancelled your AT&T account:
- Disconnect your SBCGlobal mail from AT&T, failing which you might still need to pay monthly.
- Update the security question and then link your mobile number to the SBCGlobal account.
- It is advised to the user that they transfer their SBCGlobal mail data to any other account as there might be a possibility that they cannot access their SBCGlobal after deleting their AT&T account.
How to Get a Free AT&T Account
In case you need to open your AT&T account again, you can follow the given process:
- Go to currently.com, where you need to locate the option “Sign In.”
- Hit the option “Create AT&T” account.
- Provide your mobile number number along with a ZIP code for authentication. A confirmation code will be sent to your mobile.
- Provide the sent code and click the option “Continue.”
- Now start creating your AT&T profile, in which you need to provide your basic profile information along with your AT&T username and password.
- Update other details like security questions and answers, and follow further instructions to verify your account.
- Save a copy of your email address and other details.
- Now, click on “Continue” on the confirmation page.
Why Shouldn’t I Separate SBCGlobal from AT&T Account?
The AT&T mail provides various features that need to be presented mandatorily in any other email account. Some of the features in AT&T mail are listed below:
- With an AT&T account, you can easily customize your mail homepage on currently.com
- Another feature is the easy organization of contacts and calendars to mark important dates and stay up-to-date.
- Receive notifications on the latest news, stocks, weather, and sports.
- Easy booking for movies, concerts, and many others.
- Through the AT&T account, you can easily contact live customer support.
Why Should I opt for SBCGlobal Mail?
The SBCGlobal mail provides all the basic features that need to be present in everybody’s email account. Through these features, users can easily automate their working process. Some of the mandatory features that SBCGlobal email provides are listed below:
Easily Compose New Mail and Manage All the Emails Together
Composing a new email is the basic feature present in every email service, so why do we mention it here? The simple answer is that SBCGlobal supports both HTML and plain text email and various other formatting options. Along with that, through the easy interface of the SBCGlobal mail, users can easily organize their emails and segregate them. into different folders, and easily remove the trash mail.
Manage your Contacts Easily and Integrate the Calender with your Working Schedule.
Another major necessity while using email is the easy generation of the contact list through which you can easily send the emails to the saved email without actually searching for their mail ID. The major benefits of a contact list are seen when sending the same mail to a different person at once. Another mandate that you can find in SBCGlobal is the easy integration of the calender, through which you can get easy reminders of upcoming meetings or events.
Spam Detection and Filtering
Spam is a common concern that needs to be avoided by any email user at any cost. Whatever content or attachment in the Spam mail is there can compromise your system as well as your personal data. Features to detect spam and prevent the user from opening need to be present in each and every mail services provider. So is with the SBCGlobal mail. Through spam filtering, all the malicious or unwanted mail gets sorted out and forwarded to the “Spam folder.”
24/7 Customer support
Another major advantage of using SBCGlobal mail is that you can easily connect with customer service and convey your problem, for which they will provide you instant solutions.
What are the Downfalls of Using SBCGlobal Mail?
Although using SBCGlobal can be as beneficial as using any other primary email like Gmail, Yahoo, or any other, there are some shortcomings that you might face while using SBCGlobal mail:
Insufficient Storage Space
Not much free storage is offered to the user in the SBCGlobal mail account. Also, the provided space is sufficient only for mail. Attachments and other heavy files cannot be stored in the SBCGlobal account along with other files.
Not so much Advanced Features
Equipped with many features, however, all the available ones are primary and can be easily found in another alternative. The majority of the advanced features in order to automate the mailing process are still absent in SBCGlobal mail.
No Support From the AT&T Mail
As already discussed above, user cannot rely on AT&T for assistance on their SBCGlobal account. Also, once you have cancelled your AT&T services, you cannot even reset your SBCGlobal credentials through AT&T.
Let’s Brief This Up
User with an SBCGlobal account can utilize it even after the cancellation of their AT&T account. However, it is recommended that you unmerge your SBCGlobal account from the AT&T account and update your details, like security questions, so that you can easily reset the password in the future. Another way for that is to link your SBCGlobal account with your mobile number.