SBCGlobal is one of the people’s favorite email applications. One can use it to communicate, send, and receive documents, images, and other files. This software is a combined outcome of Yahoo and AT&T. Therefore, you get one of the fastest service providers along with all the features of Yahoo. Now, since this is a software created by humans, it does face issues at times too. One such problem that its users come across is ‘SBCGlobal emails are going to the spam box.’
Any mail that is useless or unnecessary is directed to its Spam or Junk folder by SBCGlobal. However, not every time this work correctly, and some of your most important emails might end up there. If you are also facing this problem and need to fix it, you are where you belong.
In this post, we will provide you with all the reasons why your emails are landing up in the Spam folder and how you can actually overcome this issue yourself. Continue reading to get all your answers.
Answer To Why SBCGlobal Email Going to Spam
To answer this question, we have a list of possible reasons. Go through this carefully so that we can later discuss its fixes.
The issue with the emails being sent to the Spam folder could occur if the recipients or your email IP address has been flagged by the software as Spam. It is not necessary that you are responsible for this. It could have happened because of some other user.
Another reason behind this error could be the low engagement rate. If you do not use or engage much on SBCGlobal, then the software flags your account as Spam. Why, you ask? Because of the SBCGlobal spam filter settings. These decisions are based on how many emails you read and the number of emails that you simply delete without opening.
Unrecognized By Recipient:
There is a possibility that the person you are sending mail to doesn’t remember you. In this case, even if you do not have a Spam flag on your account, these will land directly in that folder.
If either the sender or receiver does not use its SBCGlobal mailbox anymore or is on the verge of giving up on it, then you might be facing the problem. SBCGlobal Spam Filtering Algorithm is behind this reason. This operates on the active and inactive user ratio and allots the flags accordingly.
Improper Subject Line:
There are certain subject lines that are used by spammers only, and SBCGlobal recognizes them. If, by any chance, you have also put in any such thing as the subject of your mail, the software will directly transfer the mail as Spam.
Error In ‘To,’ ‘From,’ and ‘Reply To’ Section:
Putting in wrong information under the ‘To,’ ‘From,’ and ‘Reply To’ section is against the CAN-SPAM ACT. This can be misleading to SBCGlobal users, and the software does not allow it. In case any such activity is noticed from your end, your mails will be sent to the Spam Folder automatically. Therefore, do not put misleading information in these sections.
Using Spam Trigger Words:
There are certain words that email software believes to be spam trigger words. If you use any of them, SBCGlobal will recognize it and divert your mail to Spam directly. Some examples are risk-free, great offer, check or money order, click here, special promotion, guarantee, this is not spam, order now, and more.
Solve SBCGlobal Emails Are Going To The Spam Box Issue
Important emails erroneously ending up in the spam folder can be an issue. You might lose necessary information or documents, and this can eventually create a delay in your task.
If you are also troubled with the same, hereafter, you will find some ways to resolve it.
Solution 1: Add New Email Filters
Changing or adding new filters to your email settings can help you with this problem. Hereafter is what you need do:
- Firstly, on your desktop, open SBCGlobal.
- Now, put in your email address and password to log in.
- Once you are on the homepage, look for Settings. You will see a gear-shaped icon in the top corner.
- From the drop-down list, click on Filters and select Add New Filters.
- Thereafter, you can select an existing one or even create a new one.
- Furthermore, hit the Save button.
Solution 2: Configure Junk Email Settings
This technique works best to redirect the images from emails erroneously ending up in spam folder to the inbox.
- Go to your web browser and head to the SBCGlobal site.
- There, log into your account by entering the credentials.
- Thereafter, go to Settings (Gear Icon) and select the Mail option.
- Eventually, you will see a list of options before you. Click on Spam Protection and choose General.
- This is where you can add new Spam Protection settings to your account.
- Finally, Save the changes, and you are good to go.
Solution 3: Report To SBCGlobal.Net
If you want to send your inboxed spam emails in your SBCGlobal email spam folder, then it is time to connect with SBCGlobal.Net.
- To get in touch with the executives of SBCGlobal, you need to visit its official site.
- Open your browser and head to www.att.com.
- To land on the homepage, put your login id and password in the given space.
- Thereafter, open the Inbox and look for the mails that need to go into Spam.
- Select all those emails and right-click on them.
- Finally, hit Report Spam.
Solution 4: Block Spam Addresses
If you are still receiving spam emails and therefore losing the important ones, simply block those email addresses. This is how it is done:
- To initiate the process, open SBCGlobal on your default browser.
- Here, log into your account and wait for the inbox to open.
- Thereafter, look for the three vertical dots and click on them.
- From the options available in the list, select Advanced.
- Now, go to the Blocked Addresses window.
- Here, you can add the email address that you wish to stop receiving emails from.
- Once done, don’t forget to save the changes, and you will no longer get emails from those accounts.
Related Page: How to Avoid Spam Emails in the SBCGlobal
This blog is the ultimate answer to the ‘Why SBCGlobal Email Going to Spam’ question. Many SBCGlobal users face this issue, but you can resolve it too. All you need to do is read and follow this piece of content. Here, we have mentioned the reasons behind the problem and also the fixes for the same. You can make changes to the settings, block scammers, or contact the team of experts from SBCGlobal.
However, if you are unable to get in touch with a live representative from AT&T, we are here for you. We are a team of people who have been a part of this industry for years. Our experts are trained in a way that they can help you resolve any SBCGlobal-related problem.
You can get in touch with us over a call or via email. So, pick up your mobile phone and dial +1-877-200-2212 to get live assistance from us. Otherwise, write an email addressing your query and your contact details at email@example.com. We will get back to you as soon as we receive your inquiry.