SBCGlobal email is one of the most popular email service providers around the globe, which is basically managed by AT&T. One of the main reasons for this service being prevalent is its reliable nature which has attracted thousands of people. SBCGlobal email provides users with an ‘n’ number of exciting features, but it gets difficult for them to switch from one email to another. What they can do is that they can configure the SBCGlobal email account with Microsoft Outlook. If you wish to use SBCGlobal email and want to configure it with Outlook, you must have the email client with the addresses of an incoming and outgoing mail server and connection settings for both. The address of the servers got changed when AT&T Corporation acquired the SBCGlobal email. It has evolved to AT&T.com from SBCGlobal.net. If you would try to use ‘pop.sbcglobal.net’ now, it will not work. So if you have to access new emails in your mailbox, MS Outlook email would have to communicate with AT&T servers. For configuring SBCGlobal mail on MS Outlook, you will be required to get in touch with the SBCGlobal helpline number to seek assistance from the experts who provide you with the best solution in no time.
Steps to set up SBCGlobal email settings on Outlook:
- You would first have to open MS Outlook and then choose the ‘File’ tab. After that, you would have to click on the ‘Add account’ button which will run the ‘Add account Setup.’
- You will then have to select ‘Additional server types’ or ‘manual setup.’ Now, click on next and then go to the ‘choose service’ page. There, you would have to select ‘IMAP’ or ‘POP.’ Once done, you will have to proceed
- In this step, you will be required to enter your name and then SBCGlobal email login address in the required fields. Also, you would have to select ‘POP3’ in the account type option
- Now, you will have to type ‘inbound.att.net’ in the incoming mail server and ‘outbound.att.net’ in the outgoing mail server.
- Here, you would have to re-enter your SBCGlobal email address and the password in the required spaces
- You would see an option named ‘more settings’ which you are required to click and then select the ‘Outgoing server’ field.
- You will be required to click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and then ‘this server requires an encrypted connection.’ Then, you need to type the port number in the incoming mail server field
- Also, you would have to type the port number in the outgoing mail server field. You would have to select ‘SSL’ as the type of encrypted connection from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Ok’ button and then finish the process.
If you follow these steps correctly, you will be able to set up SBCGlobal email on MS Outlook. But, if you get to face any problem while implementing these steps, you can connect with the experts at SBCGlobal customer service and ask them for additional assistance.